HOME PORTFOLIOS DIRECTORY LINKS & RESOURCES CONTACT EVENTS COURSES MEMBERS ONLY YOUR ACCOUNT

IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

View EPNet member's inspiring equine images, updated regularly.

Moderator: EPNet Admin

EPNet Admin
Site Admin

Have thanks: 28 times

IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

Postby EPNet Admin on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:58 am

Images created during the 2016 Photoshop Fundamentals Online Course with Sherron Sheppard

PLEASE NOTE: The photos posted in the Image Showcases are for viewing purposes only. Copying, downloading or using the photo in any manner without written permission from the photographer is prohibited and a copyright violation. Thank you for respecting our copyrights!

marla dell
Registered Guest

Have thanks: 23 times

Re: IMAGE SHOWCASE for the Photoshop Basics Course

Postby marla dell on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi Sherron:

I used a texture from daily textures...I worked to make the image as clean as possible, softened all edges and choose the blend mode which made the image even better (surprise to me!) Screen. Thank you so much for everything...I would like to purchase some of the cd's but there are some that are not listed on your purchase sheet?? What do i do then?

Thanks everyone for sharing all your wonderful images...I have leaned a great deal...For those going to Colorado in April, I look forward to meet all of you!!

Best to all..

Marla Dell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author marla dell has received thanks:
Harry Furey (Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

marla dell
Registered Guest

Postby marla dell on Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:02 am

Sherron and classmates!!

I also added another texture to my image...I loved how you showed us your technique in the class and really wanted to emulate that look...I used two textures to this image and bought both at Daily Textures...They have really wonderful textures...This was a labor of love...took all day!!

Thank you again and look forward to taking more of your classes Sherron!!

Best to all!!

Marla
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message the author marla dell has received thanks: 4
Anett Mindermann (Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:58 am), Alison Duncan (Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:51 am), Barbara Wheeler (Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:02 pm), Jill Monroe (Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:40 pm)
Rating: 33.33%

Cynthia Pixley
EPNet General Member

Have thanks: 29 times

Postby Cynthia Pixley on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:15 pm

texture_portrait_Before.jpg

See the next post for the after and relative comments.
Feeling down? Saddle up. ~Author Unknown

Cynthia Pixley
EPNet General Member

Have thanks: 29 times

Postby Cynthia Pixley on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Pixley_texture_portrait_tonedV2.jpg

Multiple layers to blend and adjust color, cloned lighter texture around the head, toned down the red highlights in her hair, sharpened eyes, sharpened hair, burned in around her coat to reduce the light halo. This was by far, a very involved process, but I loved every minute!
Feeling down? Saddle up. ~Author Unknown

Joan Davis
EPNet Pro Member

Have thanks: 181 times

Postby Joan Davis on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:51 am

Before

Joan Davis
EPNet Pro Member

Have thanks: 181 times

Postby Joan Davis on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:03 am

After

"Lunch Break"

Edited the grass in the foreground. Cleaned up the background. Converted to black and white. Added some contrast, lights and darks.

Deb McGlynn
EPNet General Member

Postby Deb McGlynn on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:54 pm

Sherron, thank you so much for a wonderful class! I am much more comfortable with PS and am so excited to put the knowledge to use.

I added clouds to this photo and cropped it a bit.

Deb McGlynn

Jill Monroe
Registered Guest

Have thanks: 86 times

Postby Jill Monroe on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi all, I combined several images, one of the mountains, another of the pasture and used the horses out of three others to make this composite image. I call it "Early Morning."

Susan Kozlowski

Have thanks: 46 times

Postby Susan Kozlowski on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:32 pm

Image from Week 3 of Photoshop Fundamentals with Sherron Sheppard.
I once again thoroughly enjoyed and came out of this course a better photographic artist.
Sherron has worked to make each student feel like they are taking private instruction with her. But the benefit is we also get to learn from each others creativity and advancement.
This might be my fourth time as Sherron's student, and I can't get enough. I just wish I had more time to play and create with my photos on the computer. I am certainly motivated now to dedicate more time and improve my new skills.
I look forward to the next one!

This image is a cropped selection added to a pre-purchased texture. I painted light in to focus on the images' "story", and added colors to compliment the image. In the end, I included a special grain overlay to give the image a more 'gritty' look.

"Grooming Horses"
Canon 20D 5D
Canon 70-200 IS 2.8

jean kirby
EPNet General Member

Have thanks: 14 times

Postby jean kirby on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:59 pm

Great class learned a lot. used all the information from the class to do this image. masking, dodge and burn adjustment layers, adding a texture layer, adding color layer using color blend mode, masking it to remove some color. final add a sharpening filter.

For this message the author jean kirby has received thanks:
Alison Duncan (Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:51 am)

Jennifer Judkins
EPNet General Member

Have thanks: 301 times

Postby Jennifer Judkins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:07 am

Great class as always! I always expand my PS skills in some way...year after year. Will be back next year! Video is an awesome addition.

Portraitcomposite.3.jpg
Jennifer Judkins
Canon 70D EF 70-200 f/2.8

For this message the author Jennifer Judkins has received thanks:
Alison Duncan (Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:52 am)

Harry Furey
EPNet General Member

Have thanks: 61 times

Postby Harry Furey on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:51 pm

This is perhaps my most successful. I still have a lot to learn. I wish I could have Sherron around all year long for advice. It was an awesome class. (the color does not look right in the preview, but when you click on it, it seems fine.) ?

For this message the author Harry Furey has received thanks:

Kim Hampton
EPNet General Member

Have thanks: 28 times

Postby Kim Hampton on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Sherron's class is an extraordinary resource to anyone who wants to improve their knowledge of Photoshop. There were photographers from beginner to advanced, all of us with much to learn, and we were fortunate to work within a supportive environment.
This is my second time through with this course, and I am looking forward to taking this course again. This is my last submission for class, and while it's not a horse theme it challenged me out of my comfort zone and taught me a great deal about perspective, combining multiple images and overlays, and persistence to keep pushing to realize what you have in your imagination.
A great course, thank you Sherron!

For this message the author Kim Hampton has received thanks:

Alison Duncan

Have thanks: 60 times

Postby Alison Duncan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:55 am

Another awesome course Sherron. I wasn't the greatest student this year because I was away again towards the end of the course but achieved what I wanted to with the photographs that I wanted to edit.

It's definitely a worthwhile course whether beginner or advanced. This was the third time I've done the course and each year I learn something new. Am looking forward to your next course :)

Return to EPNet Image Showcase